Wakefield East and South East
Covering : Ackworth, Hemsworth, Knottingley, North Elmsall, Pontefract, South Elmsall, South Kirkby, Upton and surrounding areas.
View our Coronavirus advice page.
Following the implementation of more stringent measures to stop the spread of Coronavirus, all Police and Community Together (PACT) / community meetings have been cancelled until further notice.
The public can be reassured that we are committed to doing everything we can to ensure their safety amid the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.
If you have any issues or concerns or anything you would like to raise with your local officers, please get in touch with your Neighbourhood Policing Team, contact details are shown on this website.
To work closely with partner agencies to address the issues of Anti Social Behaviour and crime in the following areas:-
• Youth related ASB utilising partner agencies and ASB legislation.
• HGV's breaching weight restrictions and speeding vehicles on Argyll Road and Warren Avenue.
• Working in partnership to tackle environmental crime.
• Pontefract Town Centre - We are committed to tackling ASB in the town centre by having a consistent policing footprint and a designated PCSO. We are working closely with Partner Agencies to tackle ASB and related offences such as vagrancy through both engagement and enforcement tactics.
• Chequerfield - The geographics of this locality offers several policing challenges from ASB. nuisance bike and drug related offences. We have had an uplift in officers for this location to assist in tackling these problems and we have strong working relationships with both internal and external partners such as Op Matrix and WDH. We are keen to develop a local intelligence picture by working with the community to resolve any issues in a problem solving capacity to make the area safe and feel safer.
• Shoplifting - We are working intensively with local businesses and our partner agencies to tackle the issue of retail crime within the town centre. We have designated staff who provide a presence and have local knowledge of both the businesses and known offenders in the area. On a daily basis we are connected to local businesses through the retail radio system and CCTV. We promote the Shopwatch system to keep everyone updated of activity in the locality. We proactively look to target repeat offenders and also those that are looking to handle stolen property.
How you can take action...
Contact your Neighbourhood Policing Team
Click here to view your local NPT contacts
West Yorkshire Community Alert
Keep in touch with local police updates - sign up to the new community messaging system West Yorkshire Community Alert.
Join your local Neighbourhood Watch Scheme
Neighbourhood Watch is the largest voluntary crime prevention group in the country with over 10 million members. Full details are available in the Neighbourhood Watch section.
Get involved or volunteer
Get involved, volunteer or contact your local team on the contact numbers to see what you can do to help. See more details about Police Volunteers in the recruitment section.
More information about West Yorkshire Police, policies and procedures
See the Publication Scheme section.
Wakefield District Community Trigger
A process to help repeat victims of Anti-Social Behaviour in the Wakefield area.
Click here to read more about the Wakefield District Community Trigger.