Wakefield City and North West
Covering : Horbury, Ossett, Outwood, Stanley, Wakefield City Centre, Wrenthorpe and surrounding areas.
View our Coronavirus advice page.
Following the implementation of more stringent measures to stop the spread of Coronavirus, all Police and Community Together (PACT) / community meetings have been cancelled until further notice.
The public can be reassured that we are committed to doing everything we can to ensure their safety amid the ongoing Coronavirus pandemic.
If you have any issues or concerns or anything you would like to raise with your local officers, please get in touch with your Neighbourhood Policing Team, contact details are shown on this website.
To work closely with partner agencies to address the issues of Anti Social Behaviour and crime in the following areas:-
Ward 20 NPT Lupset / Thornes
- Working with partners to tackle anti-social behaviour including nuisance youths, illegal use of motor bikes and littering/fly tipping.
- Proactively deter criminal damage to private and commercial property.
- To address concerns raised regarding vehicles speeding, through education and enforcement.
Ward 17 NPT City Centre / Flanshaw / Peacock
- Tackle anti-social behaviour and street drinking in the city centre. A public spaces protection order allows us to work alongside the council in tackling street drinking.
- Begging in City Centre. Working with our partners we look to offer support to those who need it whilst taking appropriate action against those who persistently commit offences.
- To robustly tackle shop theft. Working with Wakefield Business Improvement District we are targeting repeat locations and offenders and adopting initiatives such as smart water in order to deter offending.
- Drug Dealing - City Centre / Plumpton / Flanshaw. By acting on intelligence received we look to obtain warrants and target offenders whilst also undertaking both high visibility patrols and also plain clothes operations.
Ward 16 NPT Portobello / Eastmoor / Pindersheath
- Tackle anti-social behaviour including street drinking and the illegal use of motor bikes utilising the PSPO powers in the College Grove and Eastmoor areas. Working with our off-road bike team, a number of vehicles have been seized and owners prosecuted for driving offences.
- Tackle drug dealing and drug taking in College Grove, by acting on intelligence received we look to obtain warrants and target offenders whilst undertaking both high visibility patrols and plain clothes operations. Building evidence picture along with Council ASBAT team, to obtain court orders banning certain individuals from the area.
- Protecting young people from Child Sexual Exploitation: Young people can be groomed by older teens or adults with gifts or alcohol in exchange for sexual acts or made to conduct unpaid / low paid work. We are looking to protect the children by educating them and by tackling offending. Hot sport areas include Portobello / College Grove
Ward 8 Horbury / South Ossett
- Address and deal positively with anti-social behaviour and street level drug dealing in and around Horbury Town Centre & Horbury Lagoon.
- Address and deal positively with the ant-social use of motor vehicles, specifically off road bikes and quads, utilising Police specialist units and local authority partnership regarding restricting access to identified hotspots.
- Reduce residential burglaries, particularly shed, garage and outhouses being targeted by working inconjunction with partner agencies and increasing NHW schemes, community awareness and providing crime prevention advice.
Ward 11 Ossett / Gawthorpe
- Address and deal positively with anti-social behaviour and street level drug dealing in and around Ossett Bus Station & Skate Park, working with partners to identify and deal positively with offenders.
- Address concerns raised by local residents regarding speeding, utilising partnership awareness campaigns, Police monitoring and enforcement.
- Reduce residential burglaries, particularly shed, garage and outhouses being targeted, working in conjunction with partner agencies and increasing NHW schemes, community awareness and providing crime prevention advice.
Ward 15 Stanley / Outwood East
- Address and deal positively with anti-social behaviour in and around Outwood Park, Outwood Community Centre and Lofthouse Colliery site / nature reserve through partnership working and visible policing.
- Address concerns raised by local residents regarding speeding particularly around Aberford Road, Rooks Nest Road and Leeds Road, utilising partnership awareness campaigns, Police monitoring and enforcement.
Ward 21 Wrenthorpe / Outwood West
- Address and deal positively with anti-social behaviour in and around Snowhill Retail Park, through high visibility patrols, community engagement and partnership working to identify and deal positively with offenders.
- Address and deal positively with parking issues on Wrenthorpe Road.
- Address concerns raised by local residents regarding speeding, particularly on Bradford Road, Wrenthorpe Road and Old Bradford Road, utilising partnership awareness campaigns, Police monitoring and enforcement.
How you can take action...
Contact your Neighbourhood Policing Team
Click here to view your local NPT contacts
West Yorkshire Community Alert
Keep in touch with local police updates - sign up to the new community messaging system West Yorkshire Community Alert.
Join your local Neighbourhood Watch Scheme
Neighbourhood Watch is the largest voluntary crime prevention group in the country with over 10 million members. Full details are available in the Neighbourhood Watch section.
Get involved or volunteer
Get involved, volunteer or contact your local team on the contact numbers to see what you can do to help. See more details about Police Volunteers in the recruitment section.
More information about West Yorkshire Police, policies and procedures
See the Publication Scheme section.
Wakefield District Community Trigger
A process to help repeat victims of Anti-Social Behaviour in the Wakefield area.
Click here to read more about the Wakefield District Community Trigger.