Covering : Dewsbury, Mirfield, Ravensthorpe, Thornhill Edge, Town Centre, Chickenley, Earlsheaton, Upper Hopton, Lower Hopton and surrounding areas.
View our Coronavirus advice page.
Following the implementation of more stringent measures to stop the spread of coronavirus, all Police and Community Together (PACT) / community meetings have been cancelled until further notice.
The public can be reassured that we are committed to doing everything we can to ensure their safety amid the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.
If you have any issues or concerns or anything you would like to raise with your local officers, please get in contact with your Neighbourhood Policing Team, contact details are on the contact page in the menu.
Dewsbury East Ward
- Town Centre youth Anti-Social Behaviour / nuisance drinkers / begging we will, with colleagues at Safer Kirklees and the new Town Centre Police officers, conduct hi visibility patrols, robustly enforce the Public Space Protection Order, and utilise Anti-Social Management tactics inclusive of dispersal powers when required to prevent further issues occurring.
- Vehicular Anti-Social Behaviour – we will use relevant traffic legislation to proactively deal with document offences, routinely use our Pro Laser speed device, use S59 Police Reform Act warnings/seizures, gather subject intelligence and work with Kirklees Neighbourhood Housing colleagues to disrupt and deter behaviour.
Dewsbury South Ward
- To target anti-social use and speeding on Mill Street East, Savile Town, Dewsbury. We will also be running regular speed checks on this road and taking positive action against offending drivers.
- We will use the Op Taskabbey Off Road Team to deal with Nuisance Bikes and their riders, offenders will be dealt with by the use of Section 59 Traffic Regulations initially, which would see the seizure of the bike if it was found to be behaving anti-socially again and/or summonsing the riders to Court.
Dewsbury West Ward
- Westtown - Drug dealing and antisocial behaviour. We will continue high visibility patrols in response to an increase in calls for service regarding groups of people meeting and behaving in an antisocial manner, including meeting in vehicles and taking and dealing drugs. We will utilise the Proactive team and Council CCTV in this area for both high visibility patrols and plain clothed operations to reduce offending and antisocial behaviour.
- Crow Nest Park - Damage and antisocial behaviour. We will, with partners including CESOs and Park Wardens, increase patrols in the area, particularly on a Thursday evening in response to an increase in damage at the park and groups of youths causing antisocial behaviour. We will endeavour to reduce the reports of damage being caused to the buildings, by signposting and robustly dealing with any youths involved in said reports.
- Speeding / Traffic offences – we will continue to work alongside colleagues with the Roads Policing Unit for proactive enforcement activity, seek information from community residents to gather intelligence on offending vehicles, and conduct additional Pro Laser Speed Operations
How you can take action...
Contact your Neighbourhood Policing Team
Click here to view your local NPT contacts
West Yorkshire Community Alert
Keep in touch with local police updates - sign up to the new community messaging system West Yorkshire Community Alert.
Join your local Neighbourhood Watch Scheme
Neighbourhood Watch is the largest voluntary crime prevention group in the country with over 10 million members. Full details are available in the Neighbourhood Watch section.
Get involved or volunteer
Get involved, volunteer or contact your local team on the contact numbers to see what you can do to help. See more details about Police Volunteers in the recruitment section.
More information about West Yorkshire Police, policies and procedures
See the Publication Scheme section.
Kirklees District Community Trigger
A process to help repeat victims of Anti-Social Behaviour in the Kirklees area.
Click here to read more about the Kirklees District Community Trigger.