Covering : Dewsbury, Mirfield, Ravensthorpe, Thornhill Edge, Town Centre, Chickenley, Earlsheaton, Upper Hopton, Lower Hopton and surrounding areas.
View our Coronavirus advice page.
All our Police and Community Together (PACT) meetings will remain compliant and safe within the COVID-19 guidance and guidelines we receive from Government and the National Police Chiefs' Council.
Lead Inspector: 3848 Baragwanath
Ward area: Dewsbury East Ward
Problem Solving Officers: PC 1392 Hopson, PC 3334 Sturdy, Funded Town Centre Team Officers
Lead Sergeant: PS 3638 Oates
Town Centre Area: Set August 2021
- Town Centre youth Anti-Social Behaviour / nuisance drinkers / begging we will, with colleagues at Safer Kirklees and the new Town Centre Police officers, conduct hi visibility patrols, robustly enforce the Public Space Protection Order, and utilise Anti-Social Management tactics inclusive of dispersal powers when required to prevent further issues occurring. Members of public can report directly to officers on ward patrols, via 101/999 or online reporting tools, or attendance at any publicised public meetings. Additional information will be shared where relevant via WYP Community Alert and the Dewsbury & Mirfield NPT Facebook page.
Update September 2021
Town Centre ASB: Officers continue to deal provide high visibility patrols in key areas based on ASB data, with patrols bolstered by the Neighbourhood Impact Team and Town Centre Team officers. Public reports of ASB have remained at similar levels in the last month showing a slight decline in the last 7 days. Police dispersal powers have been utilised by the Neighbourhood Impact team on two occasions where 14+ directions to leave have been given. There has been daily enforcement of the Public Space Protection Order to remove alcohol from individuals.
All Dewsbury East Ward Area: Set August 2021
- Vehicular Anti-Social Behaviour – we will use relevant traffic legislation to proactively deal with document offences, routinely use our Pro Laser speed device, use S59 Police Reform Act warnings/seizures, gather subject intelligence and work with Kirklees Neighbourhood Housing colleagues to disrupt and deter behaviour.
Update September 2021 -
Speeding / Traffic offences: Several pro-laser operations have been undertaken on Leeds Road & Syke Lane area where most complaints arise. Approximately 15 vehicles have been identified as travelling at excess speed and 1 x vehicle seized for document offences. Traffic Offence Report were submitted for significant excess speed offences alongside educational advice when appropriate circumstances . Most motorists were detected below the speed limit.
Ward area: Dewsbury South
Problem Solving Officers: PC 3667 Stephens, PC 4568 Storey
Lead Sergeant: PS 6516 Cotton
Various Roads Dewsbury South Area: Set September 2021
- To target anti-social vehicle use and speeding around Brewery lane, Forge Lane, Mill Street East, Saville Road and Bretton Street. This will be targeted with extra patrols as well as days of action with additional police resources such as the road policing unit.
All Dewsbury South Area: Set September 2021
- Following the lift of covid restrictions get back into community engagement focusing around primary and secondary schools. Subjects to be covered will be county lines, knife crime, drugs, road safety and anti social behaviour. Community support officers have already started making arrangements across the schools in the ward.
Ward area: Dewsbury West
Problem Solving Officers: PC 3062 Finnerty, PC 2491 Sturdy, PC 2420 Clare
Lead Sergeant: PS 3388 Knott
Ravensthorpe and West Town Area: Set September 2021
To target Anti-Social Vehicle use, speeding and vehicles being used for drug related issues in and around the Ravensthorpe and West Town area. We will be increasing patrols in the areas and using stop and search powers where appropriate. Traffic offence reports and section 59 notices will be issued to drivers when required.
Crow Nest Park Area : Set September 2021
To disrupt and engage with nuisance youths at Crow Nest Park, particularly targeting Misuse of Drugs offences and Anti-Social Behaviour. We plan to deal with this issue by increasing high visibility patrols in the area. We will also use ASB Legislation if required to prevent the youths from returning to the location if warnings are not heeded.
All Dewsbury West Area: Set September 2021
To target nuisance off road motorcycles that are using the Greenway, travelling through the area. Operation Taskabbey is a targeted approach using Police off road motor cycles . They will be deployed at the 'hot times' in the area where we have seen an increase in calls for service.
Ward area: Mirfield
Problem Solving Officers: PC 1921 Jones, PC 4218 Holdsworth
Lead Sergeant: PS 3638 Oates
Greenspace and Town Centre Area: Set August 2021
All Mirfield Area: Set August 2021
- Speeding / Traffic offences – we will continue to work alongside colleagues with the Roads Policing Unit for proactive enforcement activity, seek information from community residents to gather intelligence on offending vehicles, and conduct additional Pro Laser Speed Operations
How you can take action...
Contact your Neighbourhood Policing Team
Click here to view your local NPT contacts
West Yorkshire Community Alert
Keep in touch with local police updates - sign up to the new community messaging system West Yorkshire Community Alert.
Join your local Neighbourhood Watch Scheme
Neighbourhood Watch is the largest voluntary crime prevention group in the country with over 10 million members. Full details are available in the Neighbourhood Watch section.
Get involved or volunteer
Get involved, volunteer or contact your local team on the contact numbers to see what you can do to help. See more details about Police Volunteers in the recruitment section.
More information about West Yorkshire Police, policies and procedures
See the Publication Scheme section.
Kirklees District Community Trigger
A process to help repeat victims of Anti-Social Behaviour in the Kirklees area.
Click here to read more about the Kirklees District Community Trigger.