Covering : Dewsbury, Mirfield, Ravensthorpe, Thornhill Edge, Town Centre, Chickenley, Earlsheaton, Upper Hopton, Lower Hopton and surrounding areas.
In an emergency always dial : 999
For non-emergencies dial : 101
Save time, do it online
Lead Inspector: 2336 Lockwood
Ward Area: Dewsbury East
Problem Solving Officers: PC 1392 Hopson, PC 3334 Sturdy
Lead Sergeant: PS 3638 Oates
Town Centre Area: Set August 2022.
· Town centre Anti-Social behaviour and street drinkers.
Uodate August 2022
We will, with colleagues at Safer Kirklees and town centre team officers develop bespoke patrol plans, review any recorded crime investigation on key subjects in conjunction with our ASB officer to consider Criminal Behaviour Order prospects, and utilise Anti-Social Management tactics such as dispersal powers to stop access for those seeking to cause disruption. Please continue to report so we can understand the full extent of problems and evidence lawful requirements for dispersal authorities. Members of public can report directly to officers on ward patrols, via 101/999 or online reporting tools, or attendance at any publicised public meetings. Additional information will be shared where relevant via WYP Community Alert and the Dewsbury & Mirfield NPT Facebook page.
All Dewsbury East Ward Area: Set August 2021
· Vehicular Anti-Social Behaviour – We will use relevant traffic legislation to proactively deal with document offences, routinely use our Pro Laser speed device, use S59 Police Reform Act warnings/seizures, gather subject intelligence and work with Kirklees Homes & Neighbourhood colleagues to disrupt and deter behaviour. This remains to be a key priority as we recognise the significant impact and disruption this behaviour can cause a community and want to assure residents we are focused.
Update August 2022
Speeding / Traffic offences. We will continue to monitor reports of speeding and traffic offences. Identified areas of concern remain patrolled by neighbourhood officers and we will pursue positive intervention where offences are identified. The most recent pro-laser operation was conducted on Leeds Road where a small number of drivers were dealt with for excess speed offences. Residents are encouraged to speak with local officers regarding any concerns to assist identify hot spot areas via reporting methods covered above.
ASB vehicles. We will work with key partners to identify and act against those who seek to use off-road / illegal motorcycles & quads on public roads. Police off road motorcyclists are briefed weekly on high demand areas and deploy under operation Taskabbey. If reporting information please note details such as bike make, model, colour, size, or other distinguishing features alongside any common routes / times and areas of land access.
Ward area: Dewsbury West
Problem Solving Officers: PC 2491 Sturdy, PC 4252 Gredelj, PC 3740 Husetic
Lead Sergeant: APS 5646 Clarke
Ravensthorpe and West Town Area: Set September 2021
· To target Anti-Social Vehicle use, speeding and vehicles being used for drug related issues in and around the Ravensthorpe and West Town area. We will be increasing patrols in the areas and using stop and search powers where appropriate. Traffic offence reports and section 59 notices will be issued to drivers when required.
Update August 2022
Mobile patrols have continued, and calls for service continue to be monitored to gather intelligence in respect of drug supply and anti-social use of motor vehicles. Operation Tarlake has been deployed in the area in addition to ad-hoc Road Traffic enforcement operations and vehicles have been identified and the users of these vehicles have been warned. We will continue to pay attention to this area, along with our colleagues at roads policing to take positive action to tackle those committing offences.
Crow Nest Park Area : Set September 2022
· To disrupt and engage with nuisance youths at Crow Nest Park, particularly targeting Misuse of Drugs offences and Anti-Social Behaviour. We plan to deal with this issue by increasing high visibility patrols in the area. We will also use ASB Legislation if required to prevent the youths from returning to the location if warnings are not heeded.
Update August 2022
We have continued to pay attention in the area, ensuring a Hi-visibility patrol presence and have taken positive action where there have been issues reported. We will ensure that patrols continue in line with the increased use of the recreational space during the evening, to ensure it remains a place where people feel safe and are safe to enjoy the facilities.
Ward area: Dewsbury South
Problem Solving Officers: PC 3667 Stephens, PC 2704 Ali
Lead Sergeant: PS 6516 Cotton
Various Roads Dewsbury South Area: Set September 2021
· To target anti-social vehicle use and speeding around Brewery lane, Forge Lane, Mill Street East, Saville Road and Bretton Street. This will be targeted with extra patrols as well as days of action with additional police resources such as the road policing unit.
Update September 2022
A day of action was taken on 13th September with speed checks and vehicle checks. Action was taken against a number of motorists and the number of reports we get has again reduced.
Target begging on Savile Road and Mill Street East: Set August 2022
- There have been a number of complaints from members of the public in regards to beggars at the traffic lights on Savile Road and Mill Street East. To target this a problem solving occurrence has been created and patrols have been increased. To date 2 males have been identified and issued official warnings to start the formal process. They have also been issued with support and advice on what services are available to assist them in the area.
Update September 2022
The two suspects have continued the begging despite being issued warning letters and offered support. We will now be progressing this matter to arrest stage with a plan of charging the suspects with bail conditions not to return to the area between the charge date and court date. We will also be linking in with the anti-social behaviour team so that the suspects can be issued criminal behaviour orders at court as a more long term solution to stop the problem.
Ward area: Mirfield
Problem Solving Officers: PC 4628 Coe
Lead Sergeant: PS 5646 Clarke
London Park Estate and educational establishments: Set February 2022
· Youth anti-social behaviour / tensions / public order – We will, adopt a problem-solving approach to issues and identify a bespoke response, and where appropriate collaborate with partners including Safer Kirklees / Local Authority teams / Education establishments / or other relevant agency. Bespoke patrol plans Anti-social behaviour and crime reports will be robustly reviewed to ensure any subjects are assessed against early intervention & ASB management processes to maximise positive outcomes – Where necessary a single OIC will be appointed for continuity and investigational oversight of wider issues. Members of public can report directly to officers on ward patrols, via 101/999 or online reporting tools, or attendance at any publicised public meetings. Additional information will be shared where relevant via WYP Community Alert and the Dewsbury & Mirfield NPT Facebook page.
Update August 2022 –
NPT officers have attended numerous partnership meetings with Safer Kirklees colleagues and educational establishments to discuss joint actions required. We have undertaken a problem-solving investigation and identified 13 x youths. An ASB review is underway to ascertain what offender management action is required. A bespoke patrol plan with intensified policing presence at hot spot areas was also put in place to deter further incidents and NPT officers held an event with the force engagement van. Residents are encouraged to report any further concerns so officers can continue to address complaints in a timely manner.
All Mirfield Area: Set August 2021
· Speeding / Traffic offences – we will continue to work alongside colleagues with the Roads Policing Unit for proactive enforcement activity, seek information from community residents to gather intelligence on offending vehicles, and conduct additional Pro Laser Speed Operations
Update August 2022
Speeding / Traffic offences. We will continue to monitor reports of speeding and traffic offences. Identified areas of concern remain patrolled by neighbourhood officers and we will pursue positive intervention where offences are identified. Local PCSO’s have been undertaking ad-hoc pro-laser speed checks in Lower Hopton and Sunnybank Road where previous complaints have been made. Further operations with partners and road policing colleagues will be planned later this year and posted on social media. Residents are encouraged to speak with local officers regarding any concerns to assist highlight hot spot areas via reporting methods covered above.
How you can take action...
Contact your Neighbourhood Policing Team
Click here to view your local NPT contacts
West Yorkshire Community Alert
Keep in touch with local police updates - sign up to the new community messaging system West Yorkshire Community Alert.
Join your local Neighbourhood Watch Scheme
Neighbourhood Watch is the largest voluntary crime prevention group in the country with over 10 million members. Full details are available in the Neighbourhood Watch section.
Get involved or volunteer
Get involved, volunteer or contact your local team on the contact numbers to see what you can do to help. See more details about Police Volunteers in the recruitment section.
More information about West Yorkshire Police, policies and procedures
See the Publication Scheme section.
Kirklees District Community Trigger
A process to help repeat victims of Anti-Social Behaviour in the Kirklees area.
Click here to read more about the Kirklees District Community Trigger.