Volunteer Police Cadet Leaders - Bradford
Are you interested in making a positive difference to the lives of young people in West Yorkshire?
We are recruiting Volunteer Police Cadet Leaders in the Bradford area.
What is the Volunteer Police Cadets scheme?
The Volunteer Police Cadets (VPC) scheme is a nationally recognised uniformed youth group for young people aged between 13 and 18.
Over 300 young people in West Yorkshire currently take part in our two-year VPC programme, which is linked to the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award scheme.
The next programme is due to start in September 2021.
Could you be a Cadet Leader?
Our Volunteer Police Cadet scheme could not run without the help and support of our dedicated team of Cadet Leaders.
What does the role involve?
- Helping young people to develop confidence and key life skills through interactive tuition and team building activities
- Guiding and encouraging young people throughout their DofE programme
- Delivering or assisting with training, guest speakers lesson plans and drill
- Supervising volunteering activities and social action projects in the local community
What are we looking for?
- Positive role models who can inspire the cadets to fulfil their potential
- Good interpersonal, communication and organisational skills
- Experience of youth engagement work, the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award and policing would be advantageous but not essential
Training and uniform will be provided. Volunteers will be reimbursed for agreed out of pocket expenses e.g. travel expenses.
To apply for the role of Volunteer Police Cadet Leader you must:
- be aged 18 or above
- have resided in the UK for a minimum of 3 years
Your appointment as a Cadet Leader will be subject to successful vetting clearance and an enhanced DBS check. You will also need to complete our mandatory safeguarding training package before you start.
You will be recruited as a Police Support Volunteer (PSV). The Force defines a Police Support Volunteer as:
“An individual with no police powers who, through personal choice, gives time and energy to perform tasks for West Yorkshire Police without expectation or receipt of compensation, except for reimbursement of agreed out of pocket expenses.”
How to apply
Cadet Leaders come from a wide variety of backgrounds and have a range of skills and experience. If you are interested in this rewarding and challenging role and think you have the right skillset and experience, please contact is via the details below :
- Bradford - [email protected]