Safeguarding Week 2022
West Yorkshire Police, the West Yorkshire Combined Authority and partners from across the county are coming together as part of Safeguarding Week to highlight issues that may be affecting both adults and children across West Yorkshire.
West Yorkshire Police is committed to protecting vulnerable people from all types of safeguarding issues. These include domestic abuse, child sexual exploitation, forced marriage, female genital mutilation, human trafficking, missing people and serious sexual offences.
We have officers in Safeguarding Units across the Force, who are specially trained to deal with these issues, they will always treat victims sensitively and put their needs first.
If you have any concerns for yourself or someone you know you can contact West Yorkshire Police :
- Call 101 or use 101 Live Chat in a non-emergency
- If there is a crime in progress or a danger to life always call 999.
- You can report domestic abuse online
- If you are deaf, hard of hearing or speech impaired, for non-emergencies you can use Typetalk / Text Relay 18001 101
You can contact your local Safeguarding Unit using the contact details below:
- Bradford Safeguarding Unit – 01274 376581
- Calderdale Safeguarding Unit – 01422 337362
- Kirklees Safeguarding Unit – 01924 431135
- Leeds Safeguarding Unit – 0113 3859590
- Wakefield Safeguarding Unit – 01924 878398
A full list of our partners’ activities can be found on the links below:
- Domestic abuse
- Child sexual exploitation
- Forced Marriage
- Female Genital Mutilation
- Serious Sexual Offences
- Safeguarding is Everyone’s Business
Other useful contacts
- National Domestic Violence Helpline
0808 2000 247
- Karma Nirvana (Forced marriage / Honour based abuse helpline)
0800 5999 247
- Men's Advice Line
0800 801 0327
- Men Reaching Out (Male Domestic Abuse Service)
- GALOP (National LGBT Domestic Abuse Helpline)
0800 999 5428
0800 555 111
- Paladin (Stalking Advocacy Service)
020 3866 4107
- National Stalking Helpline
0808 802 0300
- Safe Spaces
If you are experiencing domestic abuse you can visit a ‘safe space’ where someone can provide you with information and support. Click here for more information and to find your nearest Safe Space.
- Victim Support - Victim Support West Yorkshire